The LOC is pleased to welcome all participants upon their arrival to the HEP-EPS2017 conference. Some bites and light drinks will be served from 4.30pm to 6.30pm in the main hall of Palazzo del Casinò, nearby the registration desk. Don’t miss the occasion to hang over with colleagues and friends and get acquainted with new colleagues from all over the world, in a cheerful atmosphere.
Art and Science Exhibition
During the entire week, some masterpieces of the “Art@Cms” collection and some enthusiastic interpretations of the HEP science by young students, will be hosted in the main hall of the Palazzo del Casinò.
Public Outreach Event
Tour to Burano, Murano and Torcello islands(not included in the fee)
A fascinating day excursion to explore the most famous islands of the lagoon: glass blowing art, hand-made laces and colorful houses, byzantine church and a lunch in a typical seafood restaurant. If one comes to Venezia, this tour is a must. Mandatory reservation through the dedicated Link to tour
From 6pm to 7.30pm a “wine and cheese” cocktail party will be held at the third floor of the Palazzo del Casinò, Sala Laguna. A good selection of wines, some delicious tastes of the Italian tradition will delight the participants while taking a look at the posters exhibited at the same floor and chatting with the authors about the proposed ideas.
Concert(not included in the fee)
From 9pm, a very elegant concert held by a rich orchestra performing some of the most famous “areas” of the best Italian musical tradition. An unmissable experience to be remembered for ever. Palazzo del Casinò, Sala Perla, sharply at 9pm. Tickets to be exhibited at the entrance. Check availability at the registration desk.
VENICE CHAMBER ORCHESTRA
- G. Verdi: Overture to Nabucco
- V. Bellini: "Casta Diva" from Norma
- G. Verdi: "Dei miei bollenti spiriti" from La Traviata
- G. Rossini: Ouverture to Il Barbiere di Siviglia
- V. Bellini "Ah per sempre io ti perdei" from I Puritani
- G. Rossini: "Una voce poco fa" from Il Barbiere di Siviglia
- G. Verdi: Preludio to La Traviata
- E. Morricone: "Gabriel's oboe" from Mission
- G. Puccini: "Nessun dorma" from Turandot
- G. Donizetti: "Regnava nel silenzio...Quando rapito in estasi" from Lucia di Lammermoor
- E. Morricone: "Love Theme" from Nuovo Cinema Paradiso
- G. Verdi: "Bella figlia dell'amore" from Rigoletto
One of the world’s famous restaurant, even a movie set location (Once Upon a Time in America, by Sergio Leone) the Grand Hotel Excelsior Restaurant is the venue of the elegant social dinner. The terrace near the open pool, the beautiful “Sala Stucchi” with the sea view and the delicious Italian Cuisine, are the perfect site for an unforgettable dinner. Coupon to be exhibited at the entrance, sharply at 8pm.
After Dinner Dancing
After dinner, stop by the terrace near the open swimming pool, because the night is not over. The social entertainment continues with music and dancing in a very friendly and joyful atmosphere. (drinks at participant charge)